| "Helping" Dad lay carpet down in the playrom |
I kept saying when we moved, "he can reach a lot in our new house." The reality is that he is just taller. It's the same stuff, but he can reach onto more and more surfaces and climb on to more and more things. We'll be anchoring the bookcases and tv to the wall soon.
| Browsing at Menards with Dad |
Somedays this feels like a ton, and other days still light as a feather, although I'm sure when BK2 gets here Theo will feel even heavier.
Passport Entries:
At 17 months, Theo is quite the traveler. He has been to Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, and North Dakota!
Theo is getting more and more vocal and has many words. We are working with him on short phrases and he's been picking up on "thank you." He can also identify several body parts now (head, nose, ears, eyes, mouth, tummy, toes). My next goal is to start on colors and letters. He's also getting really good at understanding (except for when you say "no", but I think it's selective understanding). The other day I told him to get his pacifier off the couch because we were going for nap. He went and got the pacifier and went to his room to wait for me! Yay Theo! In our new house I'm trying to use the names of lots of things so he'll learn those new words. He's doing great. :)
| A new hiding space just for Theo |
| New big kid haircut-by dad |
Everyday is more and more of an adventure. It's becoming a more exhausting adventure, but it's so cool to see him growing into this little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment