Saturday, March 16, 2013

Snow Day = We Will Play (inside)


Playing at Rough Riders
Yesterday was another snowy day!  I think we'll have many, many, many of those here in Minot!  It snowed about 3-5 inches in the morning, so Theo and I had a chill day at home, which is fine because on Thursday we were able to get out of the house a bit. My friend Jen (who was one of our previous neighbors at Barksdale) invited me and Theo to a play date on base.  It was our first time going to Rough Riders on base, which mostly has pizza, and I guess normally has an indoor play area open, which is currently under renovation.  Fortunately, they had a little side room with tables and two plastic play yards, like you'd see in people's backyards.  Theo was a little shy about playing with the other kids at first since this was really our first interaction with other kids since moving, but he warmed up and I think he had fun, and I enjoyed the adult conversation with a few other moms.

Houdini had gotten out of his overalls when I went to get him after his nap
Since Friday was snowy, we kicked back and enjoyed the inside weather.  :)  Not too hard to do these days.  I thought I was supposed to have more energy in the second trimester, but so far, I'm very sleepy still!  Theo spent some time testing our his new reading chair, and then I broke out the pipe cleaners.  I had seen an activity where you can cut a bunch of pieces of pipe cleaner up and put it into a bottle and then use a magnet to move the pieces around.  I think this would have worked better if I'd had a stronger magnet, which I couldn't find-despite the fact we've had a few floating around since the move.  I'd also grabbed one of my sieves and tried to show Theo how he could put pipe cleaners in the holes and make different shapes, but that was a hard task for him.



This picture makes me smile!

 

Someone found mommy's secret Reeses supply
Mason and I had a different babysitter coming last night and I had originally planned a fancy date night out, but there's pretty much one fancy restaurant in town, from what I can tell, and they are doing renovations this week-of course!  So, sparkly dress....you'll have to wait for another evening out.  We were both pretty exhausted from the day, but the babysitter got to our house just before 6:30 and we decided to try to make it to the movies for a 7pm movie (the theater is on the other side of town).  We got there at about 7:10, but we didn't miss any of the show, we actually had about 10 more minutes of previews and I even had time to grab popcorn.  We saw the movie Safe Haven. I had read the book two years ago with the book club at Stanley, so it was fun for me to see a movie, and since there weren't really any other stellar movies to go to, Mason didn't mind the RomCom.  We had a really nice night and our babysitter was super sweet!  She's very busy though, so I'm not sure how often she'll be able to sit for us, but we really liked her!         

No comments: