On Saturday I was so.tired. I probably could have slept all day. There was a lot of laying around, cuddles, and napping.
I did muster some energy to make pancakes for breakfast. Theo's really been in to sauces lately (ranch, salsa) and when he sees us using any sort of "dip" he wants to try it out. So, seeing syrup looked like a really fun thing to him. I gave him a little on his plate and he kept putting his fingers in the syrup before licking them, and then he'd try to hand me a piece of his pancake to dip in my syrup. I showed him how to dip in his own syrup and then he thought it was so funny to say, "dip, dip, dip."
We let Theo play with one of the cardboard boxes from our "surprises" from the week and he had such a blast. In retrospect, I should have kept some folded up boxes from the move in the garage to have as a back-up play thing. He kept tipping the box over and thinking it was hilarious, so I moved him into the carpeted area so we wouldn't have to get stitches or anything from a busted noggin. I eventually cut a hole for him to crawl through and made him a little sword, but he was content to jump on top of the box until it broke.
Theo also went through a physical fitness regiment, working on his somersaults and pull-ups. Ha! He is so close to figuring out how to do a somersault, so again we border the line of wanting him to do it, and the fear that he's going to snap his neck because he doesn't understand how to tuck his chin under. The base offers tumbling classes for 2+, so I'm sure he'll love it when he can eventually do that!
In order to keep myself awake in the evening, and Theo distracted from electronics (new word of the week is "ipad") I pulled out the "colors". We've colored before, but this time he was really doing well actually getting marker on the paper, and all over himself! He was very interested in putting the caps on and off the markers, and coloring on the floor.
We ended up going in to town for dinner (at 8pm) and enjoyed a new (to us) restaurant called Grizzly's. It was pretty good, and Theo was really cute while we waiting and again during dinner.
Monday, March 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment