 |
| 1 day left! |
Day 4 was a contemplative day. Good weather. Short drive (4.5 hours). Theo was really good. We had reached the Great Plains! Flat, flat, flat...with an occasional hill or rolling meadow or snow.
 |
| Birds migrating |
It was a day of listening to my BossyPants Audio CD from my sister, singing songs with Theo, and staring out the window doing a lot of thinking.
 |
| Hello ND |
The first thing that Mason and I had both noticed that day and the day prior that there seemed to be an unusually large amount of migrating birds. The sky was filled with "V" formations going in all different directions. I wondered if they had watched the weather forecast, because surely they had to know the Northern winter was NOT over.
 |
| I'm boooooored |
Then my mind wandered into thinking about Laura Ingalls Wilder and Little House on the Prairie. Ironically enough later in the day, we passes a sign where you could go see her actual house. I thought about who would want to come West where there was NOTHING around for miles, it was cold and windy, and they did it all by covered wagon and lived in houses where I'm sure the wind just cut through the logs and it was so cold at night.
 |
| Leave me alone mom |
Fargo was a nice sized town, and there was probably a lot to do there. It was definitely cold and snowy and this was the first place we busted out our coats. By the time we unloaded, got the room set-up, and started looking into things to do, we realized it was pretty late to go to any museums or some of the more kid-friendly places since it was getting close to 5pm on a Sunday. Mason had scoped out that he wanted Famous Dave's BBQ for dinner, while I was going to get Noodles and Company. We decided to hit up one of Theo;s favorite places for him to get out some energy first- PetSmart! Then we went to Famous Dave's for the sit-down portion of our meal where Mason got dinner and I had some yummy pecan pie. We picked up Noodles and Company for our room and Theo and I ate back there (and we got enough for dinner the next day-YUM!)
 |
| I love looking at animals |
 |
| Daddy serving up some snacks |
No comments:
Post a Comment