Monday, March 25, 2013

Enchiladas and Spanish Rice

I made this for dinner over the weekend and it was pretty good.  For the enchiladas, I just pretty much winged it, and used the recipe on the side of the enchilada sauce and replaces the beef with chicken. 

Spanish Rice:

Note:  I ended up using a whole can of chicken broth which is about 2 cups, and so I thought I should increase the amount of rice.  In retrospect, I'd use the 2 cups and keep the amount of rice the same as the recipe, since the rice seemed a little undercooked, but all the liquid had been soaked up.  I also used the rice cooker, but you could do this on the stovetop as well. 



1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice (any long grain will work, I used Basmati)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
You can buy this at various spice levels
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 teaspoon cumin
Optional: You could probably throw in a 4 oz can of chili peppers. I haven’t tried this.
HOW TO PREPARE
1.) Toss everything into rice cooker. Give it a good stir. Close the rice cooker lid. Press the cook button and walk away until it’s done. Usually takes about 30 minutes.

2.) Fluff rice and give it a good stir before serving

No comments: