Sunday, March 24, 2013

BK2 Ultrasound

Note:  Should you see any gender revealing parts (I am practically positive there aren't any, PLEASE just keep it to yourself!

Ellen at 19.5 weeks and Theo at 17.5 months
Mason and I went this week for our ultrasound for BK2. (Thank you to our new friend Christina who watched Theo so we didn't have to wrangle him for the 30 minute appointment!) I was 19.5 weeks so this is "the big one" when it comes to ultrasounds.  Most people are eagerly awaiting to find our their baby's gender, and this is the big anatomy scan.  At our last Ob/Gyn they did the ultrasounds in the office and you had the appointment the same day, but here they do it a few prior to give the doctor time to review the ultrasound.  We have our follow-up appointment on Tuesday, and hopefully everything is going great with BK2!  We heard a good heartbeat, and fortunately BK2 had his/her legs crossed so we probably wouldn't have been able to tell the gender anyways.

BK2 was very cute already!  The baby had their fists up against their mouth all curled up and had their right arm curled underneath them.  The ultrasound tech said she wasn't able to get a great picture of the mouth or right arm, so there's a slight chance they'll do another ultrasound to check those parts out.  Unlike Shreveport, up in Minot we've been told this may be our last ultrasound until the baby is born!  Kinda crazy since we had several with Theo.  But, it's a good thing, because it should mean that BK2 is healthy, and growing well.

(Backbone)

The baby has moved right under my belly button, and I didn't really need the dr. to tell me that, as I can tell the baby has risen in the past two weeks!  The ultrasound tech did laugh that I'd be picking the goop out of my belly button for days since she had to keep reapplying it!

(skeleton face)
Looking forward to hearing how things look on Tuesday!  Despite the increased difficulties with sleeping etc....I love being pregnant and just seeing how awesome Theo is turning out to be, makes me know that our upcoming with BK2 will be just as amazing!





No comments: