Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Family Driving Vacation-Day 21: Medora, ND to Minot AFB, ND



WE’RE HEADED HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This was a great trip.  I’m so thankful for getting the time to take this trip with Mason and the kids.  It was wonderful that Mason could use some of his saved up leave to take this trip after 5.5 months apart this year.  It was a lot of togetherness, I know I wasn’t always easy to get along with, we had some struggles, but man oh man, it was the trip of a lifetime. 

We drove through the Theodore Roosevelt National Park South this morning (we’d gone to the North part last Labor Day) and while it was pretty, and we saw buffalo and wild horses, it was hard not to compare it to the wondrous parks we’d just traveled through. 

We made a quick stop in Bismarck, ND at Famous Dave’s and took it to go.  Are you counting, I think this is the 4th time Mason found it on our trip?  J  We were so happy to get home.  We got home around 4:45 and I needed the bank to sign a paper for me before they closed, so I rushed to take care of that while Mason did most of the unloading.  It was great to be greeted by all our friends and neighbors, and Theo and Woodrow were ecstatic to see their toys and house.  Most of all it was GREAT to clean up and sleep in our own beds. The next day Theo slept until 11:15 and we woke Woodrow at 12:15!  Woah!!!!  

Thanks for reading about our trip-even the boring details like diaper changes, but it was a wonderful time for us all!  While most of the photos on the blog were ones from my phone, we’ll be posting more on Facebook shortly, but for now, here’s a link to some Mason quickly edited and posted.  

No comments: