Today was one of our longest driving days. Mason packed up the bags while the boys
played around our room and I got last minute things ready and then we were
off! We drove out the East Entrance of
Yellowstone, so it was a pretty drive.
It was a little sad that we never saw a bear, because I know Mason was
looking fiercely on this drive. The
drive through Yellowstone was beautiful. It had stormed overnight, so the sky
was still cloudy and grey making the Lakeview incredible. After exiting Yellowstone we drove through
the Shoshone National Forest, Buffalo Bill Park and past the Buffalo Bill
Resevoir & Dam-so pretty! The drive
was really nice.
Mason found a Chinese buffet in Cody, MT so he ran in and
got some lunch to go- I tell ya, Chinese/Thai radar this one. We continued the drive pretty uneventfully
and stopped in Billings, MT to get gas and some lunch at Burger King for the
boys. When we stopped to get Theo out of
the car, I said, “come-on cowboy” and without missing a beat, he said, “I’m not
a cowboy, I’m Buzz Lightyear.”
Hahaha!
The drive was pretty straightforward, the kids did pretty
well. The road got flatter and flatter
and finally we pulled in to our resting stop, Medora, ND. We hadn’t been to this town before, but it
was pretty small. It was quaint and
pretty, but not much was open since we’re in the off season. We found a bar and grill and went and had a
pizza and then turned in early for the night at the Rough Riders Hotel (very
nice!)
No comments:
Post a Comment