So, if yesterday was my day of being sick of being in the car, today was Mason’s. Oy! Lots of miles put on the Highlander, and while the trip was pretty planned out with not too many longer days of driving, and not too many back to back, this part of the trip had the two days of long driving.
We all slept in this morning after a tough night. Apparently Mason was awake for a good chunk
of the night and couldn’t sleep, and the boys actually slept pretty late in the
morning, until Theo climbed in Woodrow’s pack n play and woke him up (and peed
in there-UGHHHH THEO!!!) We quickly
packed up our things, Mason loaded the car while I got the kids, and things
packed inside. We ran to the BX and Commissary
quickly because it was going to be a good time to grab some fruit and sandwich
meat. Theo quickly batted his eyes,
“Mom, I’ll come with you, I like spending time with you.” And Mason ran in to the BX to look and see if
they had some kids gloves for the next, chilly part of our vacation.
Late start, but we were on our way. The drive was a pretty nice drive. We saw some F15s flying overhead near the
base, which was fun. There wasn’t too
much to say about this driving day. The
closer we got the winder the roads got, and I’m pretty sure if Mason stays with
me after driving with me for three weeks it will be a miracle. Since I’m seriously there like ahh, we’re
going to die, stop driving crazy, sloooow down.
So we stopped for gas and I drove on the crazy and twisty roads.
When we got to the Jackson Hole area it was pretty congested
and so we just decided to go in to the park and find our cabin and then seek
out dinner. The Tetons are
beautiful! We were getting there right
as the light was hitting them just perfectly.
We saw some deer and elk on our way in to the park, and got our lodging
information. WOW! This was a splurge for our trip lodging, and
I hadn’t remembered much about it, but WOW!
We are staying at the Signal Lake Lodge in a lower lake cabin. We have a wonderful lake and mountain view,
and the cabin has a bedroom, living room, dining area, and kitchen. If I realized how many places had kitchens, I
would have brought more supplies to cook dinners.
As it was, we went to check out one of the restaurants that
is a part of our lodge. The menu looked
and sounded amazing, the view was incredible, and the food was not good. At least, I didn’t find it that great, and
Woodrow just wanted to have everything and then throw it on the ground. At one point Woodrow threw his pacifier on
the ground and Theo just says, “Dammit!” all giggly…ahhh clearly a parenting
high right there. I stopped in the lodge
for a little bit to check some emails while Mason took the boys back for
baths. I was a little scared walking
back because we had been told there was a bear in the area and it was pretty
dark by this time, but no bear sightings.
Theo was pretty hyped once he was in bed. We were laying there trying to be still so
he’d fall asleep and he’d just stand up and start jumping on the bed. We were giggling under the covers, and as
Mason said, it’s not like anyone teaches them to jump on the bed, but all kids
do it. Ohhhhh, sweet Theo….go to
sleep. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment