I had to go on base today around 9am (not a frequent event) and it was a surprise to me how crowded the roads were. Many of the various flights were out doing their PT (physical training) for the day, and due to the massive amount of people in the roads, many were blocked. Note to self: don't go on base early in the morning and expect to get anywhere fast. I had my meeting and returned home where they were digging up some electrical wires for the gate into our housing area. On the first of each month they change the gate codes, and inevitably something always goes wrong. After going out and running some more errands I return to try to get on base around 1pm and the gates to base were closed so for about 15 minutes. There was a huge pileup of cars trying to get onto base due to this gate closure; needless to say that was a waste of time, and no word yet on what was going on.
In the later afternoon, I enjoyed a late lunch of homemade soup and watched a big thunderstorm go through. (Someone left their poor dog outside...he was not happy) I've been told this is an extremely odd Texas summer, rain usually stops in May and by June it's 100s everyday. Guess I should be lucky that it's 90s with humidity that makes it feel like 100 and not 100 with humidity. I was also warned that the heat should be coming soon, and that due to this "bad" summer, autumn will only be about 3 weeks if that, bummer...
Anyways, I returned to base around 4:00pm so that I could go to the library and post office, and workout. Another bad idea, I should know by now that between 4-6pm is the worst time to go to the gyms on base because there are tons of people there after getting off duty...yet on a raining day I still went at 4pm. The full parking lot didn't stop me, but even though it was crowded I still managed to get in 45 minutes.
Now I'm home and ready to make my garlic shrimp pasta dinner (have to consume all fishy products before Mason returns.) Mason, is quite busy, he had a checkride and his solo flight yesterday, and passed, and was supposed to fly twice today, leaving him with only four flights left...so let's keep our fingers crossed that maybe he'll come home a little earlier than expected.
As for my job situation, I filled out the paperwork today and begin work at the Shopette on base Friday. I was also immediately hired to be a substitute for the Wichita Falls School District in addition to the Bright Ideas Charter School. I am told that there are always openings in the WF school district, so I am hoping to sub 3 days a week, and work at the shopette 3 days a week, making things decently balanced. So all continues to go well thus far in our somewhat busy lives.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Still Learning
Posted by
Ellen
at
5:18:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment