Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Surgery: Part 1

Mason and I had an enjoyable weekend. I worked on Saturday, most of the day, and he caught up on much needed sleep and previous weeks of "Hell's Kitchen," one of our favorite TV shows. Sunday we went to see "License to Wed" at the base movie theater. It was a pretty funny movie. Mason and I both agreed that it's worth seeing movies on base these days since it only costs $7 for the both of us, and to rent a movie is almost just as much. Although, we just heard about a $2 movie theater in town that we might check out next.

After the movie I went to the gym and Mason ran at the track. Mind you, this is all in 106 degree heat! After running, and Mason thought he was removing a pebble from his shoe, he soon realized that crickets liked his shoes to hide in. That was a gross one! So far, no other crickets or critters in the house.

Mason had been getting along quite well with Rembrandt. Rembrandt has been eating food from Mason's hand, which meant the next time I put my fingers near him, he thought I was food...but, I supply him with celery and carrots which he really seems to like. Last night, Mason finally got him into his ball and out rolling around the house. Rembrandt seemed to like it. Then came "the incident." While sitting on the couch Mason opened the ball and Rembrandt peaked out and the proceeded to fly out of the ball and dash into the couch. He is fast! It was quite a trip to get him back into the ball...nonetheless, all are okay, but I think we'll leave him alone today.

Mason has had the privilege of attending the dentist twice this week (note it's only Tuesday) and found out that he has to have Oral Surgery Thursday morning. They are going to remove all his wisdom teeth (which are all still below the gums) because they are concerned that once he begins flying jets they may pose a problem, and it's better to fix now then when he begins flying. So, Mason will be knocked out, drugged up, and on bedrest for the weekend. Fun date, eh?

No comments: