Friday, August 17, 2007

Today we started out at the flight medicine office. The Colonel over there made Mason get checked out since he heard about the passing out incident. They did a basic exam will all sorts of close your eyes and touch your nose tricks. They also gave him an EKG which turned out fine. While on base Mason checked his AF e-mail and we stopped by an event the spouse group was having.

Later in the day we met up with my cousin Keith at our house, who's been traveling around the country the last few weeks. We took him on our famous base tour, and hung out playing pool, and then relaxing back at the house. Mason decided he'd try some real food for dinner so we went to the only Thai place in town, turned out to be pretty good. It's been pretty stormy here today, an effect of the hurricane in southern Texas; so we're letting Keith sleep indoors instead of his tent in the back yard.

Currently the men are watching the Simpsons movie, and I just made cookies for our new neighbors. I'm contemplating doing more studying for the GRE tomorrow...but the motivation level is low. Hmm...maybe if I sleep on the book it will all soak into my brain, and I'll wake up with new found math skills and a great vocabulary!

No comments: