...asleep in my bed Saturday morning, when at 7am (a time when everyone should be sleeping, on a Saturday) the most awful cricket noises began somewhere inside the house. Well, I rolled over but could not ignore the noise. I suspected that the enemy was in the closet with the furnace, as I have caught them there before and the sound emanated from that area. I took my trust mop, aka the cricket killer, and went on the prowl, alas I could not find the enemy. I tried to go back to sleep, and remained there for a few more restless hours with the sound coming and going. I forgot about the "enemy" for the rest of the day, and then Sunday night while watching some evening TV I heard that horrid noise again. (This is also not to say that additional crickets weren't heard or found in the house). Then I saw the sucker. Somehow he had managed to climb into one of the light fixtures on the ceiling, I'm guessing he came in from the roof somehow, anyways...I did what any normal person would do...roasted the sucker! He still remains in there, due to the fact that I don't know how to remove the glass around the light, but pest control comes tomorrow and he can handle the pest.
Despite our animal "troubles" things are going quite well down in ole Wichita Falls. Rembrandt and I have been making some breakthroughs. He let me open the top of hie tower to sniff my hand, still no more contact than that. I'm sure he'll be happy to meet Mason. Mason by the way, is hopefully going to be home on Wednesday. He has his final check ride tomorrow and then if rides work out he should be home sometime Wednesday.
Friday was my first day of work at the base. It was constant work, if there were no customers, you were stocking the shelves, and because I was the new girl I got to "learn" how to do all the cleaning of the store. But, they tell me I make the ice bags faster than anyone else, so I guess that's a compliment. The whole ice thing must be in my genes. Friday night I attended Assignment Night with some of my friends. That is where the graduating ENJJPT class finds out what planes they get to fly, and they always have some funny way of finding out which plane they get. This time there were shots placed on a table by the name of each type of plane that they could get (A10, B1, B52 etc...) the shots were water shots, except for when they got to their plane and then that was an alcohol shot. It was cool. No one got an F22 but it was listed. There were lots of F15s and F16s so that was good. At least hopefully it will be good when Mason graduates.
Working backwards I guess, Thursday night I went to a new spouse meeting sponsored by the ESSG (ENJJPT student spouse group) and that was really helpful. The wing commander and his second were there, along with their wives and they gave us a lot of good information, plus a cookbook. After that I went to the ESSG meeting, with all the spouses, there were about 35-40 there, so I met lots of new people and there were many others there who I already knew so that was lots of fun.
Today, I went to base to register the Highlander since we finally got our license and registration, and worked out a little. Made a trip to Walmart. Some of you future visitors may be happy to know that we now have a Cracker Barrel right near base, and I've heard they are building a Hooters nearby also. The lawn is mowed, and I've got a list of things to tidy before Mason gets home. So I think for now I'll tackle the laundry, and that's only to avoid studying for the GRE I take later this month.
Monday, August 6, 2007
So there I was...
Posted by
Ellen
at
4:26:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mason home early-how cool is that?
Post a Comment