Today was a fun and exciting day of Ellen cleans the house. I cleaned the windows, inside and out (mason, are you proud),. vacuumed, dusted, yadda yadda yadda. On a sad not my rake already broke and I bought it yesterday, although nothing that duck tape couldn't fix. Last night was recipe "club" with the spouses group. That was lots of fun, and I got some good recipes to try out when Mason gets home. And people liked my plane shaped sugar cookies (there's a picture below.) This week I've been getting kinda crafty, so I also made our house a name plate. Many of the other houses have name plates outside so you can see who lives there, but they stopped making them before we got here, so I made my own version. Ours looks cooler anyways. (Again, picture below.)
I think that I have developed job ADD. I have said yes to 3 jobs, and then turned them all down, while now I have also told two people on base that I will work for them...ah! I think that I have decided to work part-time at our base shopette which is like a small convenience store, but the hours are nice and am hoping to do lots of substitute teaching in the Fall so that should all work out. Hopefully I begin nest week. On the teaching front, I am on a substitute teaching list for the Bright Ideas Charter School (in Wichita Falls) and I have an interview to be a substitute in the Wichita Falls School District next week. So between the shopette, and hopefully two subbing jobs that should keep me occupied, yet still putting dinner on the table each night.
It was really nice being home in Chicago, lots of work and not to much adult responsibility, but oh well. Things are good here too. We have a new hamster, who has yet to be named...he's bigger than Sheppard and definitely still is wanting his space. He has got the nocturnal thing down though. He mostly sleeps all day, and at midnight he starts running all night in the ball attatched to his cage. Tonight his bedroom door gets shut too. :-) Enjoy all the pictures.
http://neiu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012118&l=31a59&id=77800450
Friday, July 27, 2007
Lots 'o' News
Posted by
Ellen
at
9:18:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment