Vacation was really nice in Evanston. I got to spend lots of time with my friends and family. I also got to go to my nephew Tristan's baseball game, which was awesome, and play with my neighbors Mary and Sean. The boat was quite relaxing and helped me to obtain somewhat of a tan, which I had been seriously lacking. I won't say that it wasn't a little sad to see that my room had become the Hamsters suite, and I had to sleep on an air mattress, but that was better than nothing.
Things back home, i guess this is home now, are pretty good, last night when I arrived, it was actually cooler outside than inside for once. Today, however it was back to 96 degrees and humidity which pushed us over 100. Weather is in the upper 90s through Saturday but then Thunderstorms all into the middle of next week. :-( Mowing the lawn will have to wait until a cooler day. After many interviews, many job acceptances, I decided to take a job on base which I interviewed for today. Hopefully this one will stick, since I seem to tell many employers I will take their job and then end up turning it down several days later. Mason had been a doll about it all. Next week I do have an interview to be a substitute teacher in the Wichita Falls School District so that would be great if that goes through and has somewhat of a decent schedule, if any. Mason and I both received our diplomas in the mail, so for those of us who didn't walk across the stage it actually felt like we'd actually graduated. We also both made the Dean's List. Yea!
Other family news: Mason reports that all is well from the flight deck, although shaving cream was running low, and the he was tired from flying back to back this morning (after waking up at 4:20am.) Things sound like they are going well, and he might be done a little early. This week I have Recipe night with the spouses group, so I am looking forward to that. And, we have a new hamster. He has similar coloring to Sheppard, but is a little bigger, and quite active. His name, To be determined.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Back to Reality
Posted by
Ellen
at
10:16:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment