Mason reported today that he got 100% on a big exam today and that all is continuing to go well with training. Some people begin flying tomorrow, and Mason will hopefully hit the flight line on Thursday. Tomorrow's morning brief is at 4:20am...yikes! I guess I like the fact that I can sleep in somewhat here on base. Although the planes around here fly pretty early too, and they can be a bit noisy.
Today some of the base temperature readings read 105 degrees, but the afternoon it was a cool 99 degrees, oh yeah, with humidity. Thank goodness for the AC.. Although by the end of the day you pretty much need that shower since 2 seconds outside will warrant you a sweat bath. When I put my sunglasses on before walking out the door, they fog up once they hit the steam. Tonight there are big storms in the surrounding counties. We had lightning and thunder, but so far no rain. We'll see what happens over night.
The job hunting has left me with somewhat of a homesick feeling. It was nice to be paid decent wages in Chicago. Around town here, companies seem to max out at $6.50 an hour. So, I'm going with the new approach of trying not to stress about it, and when the right job comes I'll be happy about that. I applied for another batch of positions today, so keep your fingers crossed. In the meantime, I am VERY excited that I am going to visit home from July 14th until the 23rd. I think I have to share my room with Gus, Jill's hamster, but that's okay. If anyone wants to summer vacay in our home for a week you are more than welcome to stay here. Then hopefully, the first weekend in August some of my friends will be coming down here, and before long Mason will return. All the while this GRE is in the back of my mind that I am scheduled to take mid-August. Bummer.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
A little of this and a little of that
Posted by
Ellen
at
10:26:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment