Monday, July 16, 2007

2 Weeks in

I got to take my first flight today finally. Formal brief at 0420, flight mission brief at 0514, took off at 0620. I was a little nervous since its been a few months since I last flew, but as soon as I got into the air, the feeling was back and I was feeling good. The flight went great and I got an excellent for the grade. Granted, the standards are pretty low for the first flight, but it's a good way to start the flight curriculum. Tomorrow I'm scheduled for the last go of the day, so I won't take off until 2 or so in the afternoon. We had a few people get airsick today. Unfortunately they were the same people who got airsick before. I have a feeling that it's just because of the long days and hot temperatures, based on what I heard. But I just hope they can push through it. Everyone in the class has confirmed their theory that being a pilot is the most kickass job in the world. A few people just have to convince their bodies to keep up. Nobodys dropped out yet so that's a good sign. I figure that would have happened after the first flight or two if ever.

Soon people will start double turning (two flights in one day) and we'll be on our way to some solos. The senior class says that they should pretty much all be done and out by this Friday. And then next Wednesday, the new class comes in and we become the senior class.

I took some pics today, particularly from a visit to the air traffic control tower. I'll try to get some more up later. And now I'm due for another 7pm bedtime

http://uillinois.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2259327&l=ad521&id=1913937

No comments: