Monday, September 9, 2013

Two Funny Theo Stories

As a "compromise" tv show, we'll watch The Price is Right with Theo. That way we don't go crazy watching PBS Kids shows all the time, yet, he isn't bored by our adult shows.  So, recently, he'll run around saying, "Come on Down" when he wants to watch that show.  It's basically hilarious! 

This morning I was doing something in the bathroom and Theo put his blue dolphin towel on the floor.  I asked him to pick it up so it wouldn't get dirty.  He left it there but kept asking for a sandbox.  I told him we weren't going to play at the park in the sandbox today because it was a rainy day, and the said would be yucky.  He kept saying sandbox, and finally he sat down next to the blue towel which was next to our duck bath rug, and he finally said beach.  It took me a minute, but I realized he was copying what he had seen in an episode of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood from a while back, where it was raining, so Daniel and his friend made an inside beach using a blue and tan towel to represent the beach.  Theo's pretty much a genius, and has been showing us more and more lately that he's relating different concepts like this.  It's pretty awesome! 

No comments: