So behind...
Halloween is a much discussed topic around our house. This year it was Woodrow who was set in his costumes for weeks and Theo who wanted to be something different every day. I had decided that they would need to pick heir costumes by early October and stick with it because since Max was due October 22nd I knew I wasn't going to be doing much Halloween prep after that.
Woodrow decided that he wanted to be a B-2 airplane. This was actually fairly easy in my mind to make. I saved a cardboard box and got some spray paint. Fortunately for me, Mason was able to complete the execution at the same time he worked on Theo's "wall" for school. Theo flip-flopped back and forth and decided he would wear a costume that we had in our dress-up bins. Boom, easy! I was a little sad he didn't want a "home-made" costume, but pulling one we had was certainly easy and there were plenty to chose from (thank you after Halloween sales last year). So he ended up going with a Spider-man costume. Max, just 8 days old wore a little pumpkin outfit we were given when Theo was born. Mason was a good sport and threw on a Batman cape and mask, and I made a lame attempt to be a member of the Paprazzi.
Here is Guam, the street on base where all of the commanders live, Rota, sponsors the Halloween Trick-or-Treating, and everyone goes there. This year since Halloween was on a Monday, the Rota Halloween was on the Saturday prior. All the houses on the street are decorated and the families sit out along the street to pass out candy. It was so much fun! Woodrow got a lot of comments on his awesome B-2 costume, and I think Theo felt a little sad about it because he made a comment that people liked Woodrow's costume better than his, but Theo was pretty excited to show off his new brother Max. It only rained on us once, and the kids got gobs of candy. We were out for almost 1.5 hours just because of the walking up and down the street, talking with friends, and then on the walk back there was a side street that had a trunk or treat event, so the kids hit up a few more candy stops before we ran home in the final down pour of the evening. It was lots of fun, and Mason and I were super glad that we live one street over from Rota and don't have the pressures that they have for the holidays.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment