A few years ago I signed up with a website called Goodreads. I didn't use it much initially, but the past few years I've really used to it to start tracking the books that I am reading and that I want to read. Each year you can set-up a challenge with how many books you want to read in the year. I think is 2015 I set my goal as 12 books, figuring I would at least be reading my monthly book club book...in 2016 I decided to up the goal to 15 books.
Well, I rocked it in 2016! I read 63 books and I'm pretty proud of that! Some were excellent, some were not. I read a wide variety of books and a few series. This year I am setting my goal at 35 books. I'm not sure I can top 63 again! Anyways, below is the list of the books I read in 2016 and the ones with an * are ones I'd most likely recommend first.
Sunday, January 15, 2017
2016 Reading Challenge
The Cuckoo’s Calling--Robert Galbrath
The Story Hour--Thrity Umrigar
Food: A Love Story--Jim Gaffigan
Dad is Fat--Jim Gaffigam
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up--Marie Kondo
The Rosie Project--Graeme Simsion
Why Not Me--Mindy Kaling
The Nazi Officer’s Wife--Edith Hahn Beer
House Rules--Jodi Picoult
Go Set a Watchman--Harper Lee
Walking in the Truth: Lies Women Believe Study Guide--Nancy
DeMoss
Lies Women Believe: Bible Study--Nancy DeMoss
Life Drawing--Robin Black
The Rosie Effect--Grame Simsion
Mary Poppins--PL Travers
*The Secrets of Midwives--Sally Hepworth
I Heart my Little A-Holes--Karen Alpert
Bringing up Bebe--Pamela Druckerman
*All the Light we Cannot See--Anthony Doerr
Year of Yes--Shonda Rhimes
Winter Street--Elin Hilderbrand
Winter Stroll--Elin Hilderbrand
*The Nightingale--Kristin Hannah
Red Kayak--Priscilla Cummings
The Japanese Lover--Isabel Allende
The Accidental Book Club--Jennifer Scott
The 5 Love Languages of Children--Gary Chapman
Spending the Holidays with People I want to Punch in the
Throat--Jen Mann
Farmer Boy--Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Bridge--Karen Kingsbury
On the Banks of Plum Creek--Laura Ingalls Wilder
Mama’s Big Book of Little Lifesavers--Kerry Colburn
By the Shores of Silver Lake--Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Long Winter--Laura Ingalls Wilder
Little Town on the Prairie--Laura Ingalls Wilder
These Happy Golden Years--Laura Ingalls Wilder
The First Four Years--Laura Ingalls Wilder
*The Dressmaker’s War---Mary Chamberlin
Adulting: How to become a grown up in 468 easy(ish) steps--Kelly
Williams Brown
Everything we keep--Kerry Lonsdale
Winnie the Pooh--AA Milne
Me Before You--Jojo Moyes
The Kite Runner--Khaled Hosseini
Brooklyn--Colm Toiibn
*Fervent--Priscilla Shirer
My So -Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife--Sara Horn
The Secret Keeper--Kate Morton
Oh Crap! Potty
Training--Jamie Glowacki
Orphan Train--Christina Baker Kline
Love for Scale--Michaela Greene
Sacred Marriage: Bible Study--Gary Thomas
Sacred Marriage--Gary Thomas
*Harry Potter and the Scorcerer’s Stone--JK Rowling
Christmas Jars--Jason Wright
The Reader--Bernhard Schlink
The Book of Unknown Americans--Cristina Henriquez
Hikikomori and the Rental Sister--Jeff Backhaus
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl--Jesse Andrews
A Spool of Blue Thread--Anny Tyler
A Bear Called Paddington--Michael Bond
Evelyn, After--Victoria Helen Stone
*The Charm Bracelet--Viola Shipman
Mary Poppins Comes Back--PL Travers
The Lifeboat--Charlotte Rogan
Posted by
Ellen
at
4:34:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment