 |
| In the "rocket ship" getting ready to take teeth pictures. |
I'm very grateful that Theo likes to go to the Dentist. Our dentists' officers are in the same building, so I try to schedule our appointments on the same day, close together, and we make a fun little morning of it. One of my friends daughters who is home schooled came to watch Woodrow for the first time, and he had a great time! It was the first time I came home and he didn't run to me. :(
 |
| X-Rays |
Theo's appointment was first and he goes to the most fun little dentist, Dakota Kids. There's something to be said for a children's dentist. It makes total sense to me. They treat Theo like he's the king of the place and they focus all on him and not me. Since he's been to this dentist two previous times they took x-rays of his teeth this time. He did really well and was excited that he got to take home a picture of his teeth to hang on the fridge. He loves picking out a new toothbrush (he picked a panda one), and then he gets to wear glasses and watch a tv show while his teeth are being cleaned. He loves picking out the toothpaste flavor (blue raspberry) and at the end getting stickers and a small toy. This time he chose a small bouncy ball which he and Woodrow have been obsessed with. They did say he's got a tiny mouth with lots of teeth, so believe it or not, that want that little chatty mouth to grow. :) But, no cavities or increased build-up from last time-yay!
 |
| Getting ready to get his teeth cleaned |
We had a little bit of time before my appointment so we ran a few quick errands to CVS and the Grocery Store. A plus side of living somewhere so cold a large portion of the year, is that you can buy milk at the store and leave it in the car for a few hours without worrying about it spoiling.
 |
| I love the way his legs are lifted up when he "sits" in the chair |
Theo got to play on my phone during my appointment, and thought it was cool that I also had to take x-rays at my dentist, even though I didn't get to take pictures home like he did. He was really well behaved and I had no cavities-yippee! (I feel like I always have them). But, I was pressured (finally) into getting my wisdom teeth out. My insurance won't cover their removal once I turn 30 and they have cavities in them, or beginning cavities.
 |
| Scarred by this experience |
I REALLY REALLY don't want to have them out, especially since they don't bother me, and I was scarred by Mason's wisdom teeth removal, but I scheduled it for February 13th-Happy Valentine's Day to me. Now, I just have to not chicken out. I actually had it scheduled for last year, and cancelled...but...now I think I'll go through with it, but I wish they could just drug me now so I don't have to think about it. Anyways, I scheduled it with the face and jaw surgeon in the same building and just pray it all goes well.
 |
| Sharing his Fro-Yo |
We left the dentist and grabbed some Qdoba for lunch and picked up some frozen yogurt. Theo really likes getting to pick out toppings for his fro-yo. The place here is not nearly as good as the place we used to go in Shreveport, but it's a fun treat once in a while...especially after a no cavity report. :)
 |
| Babysitter sent me a photo to let me know he wasn't too crabby |
 |
| Although I got this one too...Hahaha! |
No comments:
Post a Comment