Saturday, January 24, 2015

Woodrow at 17 months

I started writing this post, and by post, I mean the title on Woodrow's 17 mo. birthday and then here we are almost at the end of the month again...which means I have really not been doing well with my goal to post (at least) weekly this year, so I don't get so far behind with the stories I want to make note of. 

Anyways, this month we were in Evanston for Woodrow's 17 months!  What a little dude!  I look at him and don't see baby anymore, he's turning in to such a little boy.  He's got such an understanding of all that we are telling him, we're ready for some words to come out of his little mouth.  He's started to say, "ehh" and point to everything...hopefully those will form in to words sooner rather than later.  But he definitely communicates most of what he wants, and follows directions pretty well. 

What an eater...Woodrow is still pretty particular about what he likes to eat, but when he finds something he likes, he chows down.  Spaghetti seems to be a very big favorite these days, along with red grapes, and applesauce pouches (my crazy boys will eat the pouches and won't touch it from a normal container)! 

Although I don't have an official height on Woodrow, he's definitely taller, since he is getting in to more and more trouble.  :)  He LOVES to climb, hide, investigate EVERYTHING, and figure out how things work.  He's in to figuring out all the electronics in the house, yet doesn't really like to sit and play on the iPad the way that Theo did.  Although he will sometimes sit to watch Daniel Tiger. 

He's really in to our talking toys these days, and stuffed animals.  Fittingly he also is enjoying the touch and feel books that we have, and interacting with books like Pat the Bunny, etc...and if Theo's got it or doing something, Woodrow wants to be right there too.

Unfortunately, Woodrow was pretty sick in December, and ended up getting an antibiotic and having nebulizer treatments...and he ended up with the stomach flu (ewwwww).  We're all glad that's over, and are thankful for medications that zapped his cough away quickly. 

No comments: