I was a little surprised when Mason said he wanted to see Chef, since originally I thought it was something I'd be more interested in seeing. The movie was a light-hearted film about a man who loses his restaurant career and begins a food truck, all the while trying to build a better relationship with his son. It was a good thing we had dinner before seeing this movie, because all the food prep scenes could make your tummy growl. The movie isn't going to win any huge awards, but it was a cute flick in general.
This was definitely my pick. Some one described it to me as, "just like Sleeping Beauty", but I wouldn't say that's really true. The story is based on Sleeping Beauty, told from Maleficent's point of view, but has several twists and turns. I thought Angelina Jolie did a fine job, even though I don't think she's that amazing of an actress. The costumes and scenery were fun. I wish that the three fairies had been more of the plot line, since that's a favorite part of mine from the original animated film, but overall I thought the movie wasn't too dark, and it was a creative twist on a classic Disney film.
Saturday, January 31, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment