Saturday, January 24, 2015

Holiday Train



The Canadian Pacific Railway has a Holiday Train that passes through North America in December.  I think there are two routes, one in Canada, and one in the US.  We skipped it in 2013 and figured "we'll be here awhile", but this year, Mason was out of town, so I thought I would take the boys.  The weather was a little chilly, but not too windy, and I'd heard this was another Minot "must see".  Fortunately, the schedule is pretty precise and that the train would arrive around 7pm and there would be a performance for half and hour.

The boys and I had an early dinner and baths, and then I got them ready to head downtown.  There isn't that much parking, and I'm glad we got there around 6:00, because parking was already sparse, but we found a great spot.  We hung out at our favorite location, Main Street Books, enjoying hot cider, playing trains, and browsing for books, and then headed out to get a spot near 6:45.  The train arrived a little after 7:00pm and their performance car was quite a treat.  We had a good spot for viewing purposes, but not really escaping once we were cold...again, glad this was only 30 minutes.

There were performers who had been on NBCs: The Sing Off, an Accapella group or two, and some chicks pushing their albums on iTunes...clearly I padi great attention.  The boys had fun, but Theo was pretty cold by the end.  Both boys were crying as we got back in the car...a sure sign of a good time had by all.  Lol!  It was fun, I'm glad we went, not sure we'll go again...but we'll see.  :)


 

No comments: