Mason is celebrating being done with his boring behind the desk job. Thursday was his last day, can you say sleeping in for the next two weeks. Pilot training starts on October 15th, so all the guys have this time off now. This week he met with a Capt. who showed him around the squadron and showed some of the guys how to use the simulators and things. On Monday they are meeting up again to go through some other things. Sometime this week Mason has to go though intense physicals and get lots of shots to prep him...I think they even give him small doses of anthrax and something else to make sure he doesn't have it, or catch it.
Yesterday I subbed for middle school and high school math classes in the morning and met up with Mason at lunch time to go to a squadron picnic. There was lots of yummy BBQ (that we can't get at home, no BBQ, still) I worked at the shoppette in the afternoon, and Mason was a doll and cleaned the house. (the jury is still out on who is going to mop the floors) Currently I'm having more inner conflicts about jobs. There is an opening at a school I have been subbing for, and I was asked o submit my resume, but the principal was concerned with my lack of experience. Two teachers were really trying to convince her to hire me though because they liked my style, and the kids liked me when I subbed in that classroom. However, I think she is looking at other options but hasn't said no to me yet, I might find out early next week. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED! Meanwhile I applied for another job as a Human Resource Asst. with the company that I currently work for, and I will interview for that Monday or Tuesday. So, lots going on with the where should I be working thing...
I recently discovered that Mason's been having a love affair...with Craigslist. Every night, afternoon, and now mornings I see him staring at the computer and searching for motorcycles. After the deal that he wanted fell through he was very sad...but nonetheless he kept looking and has finally made the deal. Merry Christmas to Mason. He should go Monday or Tuesday to Dallas to pick up his "new" motorcycle. His face looked VERY happy today at the bank when he was withdrawing all the cash to pay for it.
Insomnia has been plaguing our house for months now, but this past week Mason joined the club, it was either one or the other who was up til the birds were chirping. Last night, the planets were aligned and I think we were both asleep by eleven, and then we woke up at the normal time of 9am. We watched tv in bed and Mason made pancakes. We made out bi-monthly grocery trip to Walmart and Mason is recovering from the bill right now.
Only three weeks to the airshow...but who's counting.
1 comment:
Way cool, Mason. Can't wait to see the bike!
Post a Comment