Sunday was a stormy and rainy day here in Northern Texas. Mason and I slept away most of the day with nothing to do. When we thought we were going to have company for Thanksgiving I bought a large turkey to practice cooking, and so we figured the cold rainy day would be perfect. It was delicious! We still have to learn how to carve. Mason hacked away at the carcass after I carved initially. Mason finished most of the leftovers today, but I saved some turkey to make some turkey pot pie later this week.
Today was a BEAUTIFUL day. Last night was cool and breezy and Mason and I enjoyed a walk around the neighborhood, but today was a pleasant mid-seventies, and sunny with a light breeze. Felt like a true Fall Chicago day. Everyone was in a good mood. Mason met me after work and we went into town to the MPEC (multi-purpose events center) where they had the Texas-Oklahoma Fair. It was basically a carnival, but it was free tonight for military. There were many booths inside of local businesses and people selling crafts and then outside there were pig races, a petting zoo, many rides and typical carnival food. But Mason and I saved our pennies and held out for lasagna at home. All in all an enjoyable day.
Mason is trying to look busy at work, but having a hard time staying awake. With not much to do, and limited internet access his days are very slow. Meanwhile work is going better for me. I've learned all the cigarettes, tobacco, and beer types...which was more than I ever wanted to know...but the people are very friendly.
1 comment:
I hate carving, probably passed on the gene.
Post a Comment