Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Woodrow at 5 months

What a growing sweetheart our little Woodrow is.  Sometimes I feel like I don't have enough special moments with Woodrow, the way I did with Theo when he was little, but we're trying to make lots of wonderful moments together.  Theo and Woodrow are now on a similar schedule so that makes things nice for me, but some days I miss my opportunities with them individually.  Sometimes I think this comes from the fact that I don't "wear" Woodrow as much as I did Theo.  I would wear Theo on walks, when shopping, everywhere, but here, there's so much extra stuff to carry around that I have been toting Woodrow in his car seat carrier most of the time.  Once we shed our winter layer of coats, and gloves, and hats, etc...I 'll probably wear him more, especially since he'll be getting to big to haul around in the carrier.

 
Woodrow has been going to bed around 9pm (thanks to Mason being around a lot at bedtime to help put one of the boys down).  I nurse him right before bed, and usually about an hour or so prior, so his little belly is fed, and most days he will sleep until 10am.  If he sleeps until 10am then he usually will stay awake until his nap around 1:30/2:00pm, but other days if he wakes earlier or we are driving a lot in the morning, he'll also tend to take a morning nap.  He's in the sleep sack all the time now at bedtime, and has decided his favorite sleep position is on his tummy, just like Theo and I like too.  Since he is always moving in his sleep and grabbing everything we took his bumper off the sides of the crib.  Super mom also installed a new door handle on his bedroom door (a round knob) and put a safety lock on it, so that big brother Theo can no longer enter his room and climb into his crib in the middle of the night-terrifying!  

Woodrow is holding his head up really well, and can push up on his arms when he is on his tummy.  After talking to mall Santa, Santa brought him a new play mat and jumper for Christmas.  Both of which he just LOVES!  He's also enjoying the new Sophie giraffe and cloth books he was given for Christmas.  It's fun for him to have new-to-him toys.  He's rolling over both ways, and is an expert toe grabber. 

He's actually an expert grabber, period.  Woodrow loves to hold on to everything. Toys, his pacifier, books, your nose.  Whatever he can find, he'll take a tight grip to it.  Which means keeping a close eye on Theo's small toys. 

He had a slight fever after his 4 month shots, but Theo also had a slight fever later that week, so I'm not sure if they both got something from the clinic, or it was just coincidence.  He's now in size 2 diapers and wearing 3-6 month clothes, although Mason thinks we should start considering moving him up to the next size, or at least put away the 3 month cloths.  :( 

He had his first rice cereal on December 23rd, and starting this week, I'm trying to give it consistently every day around our dinner time or 7:30pm and he seems to enjoy it a lot. 

Woodrow's also been practicing sitting in his Bumbo chair, the high chair, and unassisted on the floor!  Woohoo! 

Woodrow's a happy go lucky guy and is paying more and more attention to Theo everyday.  He gives the best expressions and smiles and we're blessed to have him as part of our family.  


No comments: