Saturday, January 4, 2014

Flubber


This winter has already brought several days/weeks of subzero temperatures, where it is just too cold to go outside to play.  I try to get out of the house most days even if it's just to go mall walking or let Theo play at the local bookstore train set because we all get cabin fever.  However, I think this winter will be "project" central.  I've been trying to find fun/cheap/easy activities for Theo and I to do in the mornings to take up some time and this particular day (a few weeks ago) we attempted to make Flubber.

Preparing to measure the Borax
Squeezing out the glue.  (We used two bottles)
This was a fairly easy "recipe" to follow.  I looked at two different sites and ended up using the recipe from the first site, but the idea of glitter glue, instead of food coloring from the second site.  It was fun and Theo likes playing with his flubber.  Two warnings:  when you first mix it all together, it was still a bit watery, so I patted it dry with a paper towel, and kept smushing it together with my hands, allowing the water to drain and eventually it solidified up more.  Also, if you break it into lots of tiny pieces when playing with it, it doesn't go back together easily like play doh.    




Excuse the outfit, or lack there of, we had just started potty training


poke, poke, poke

Flubber!

No comments: