Here's one of the activities we did with Mason while he was home one evening. Throwing out a pot of boiling water into the cold air. WARNING: Check the direction of the wind before doing this otherwise you'll end up with a cold blast of snow pelting you in your face.
Our next activity was a repeat of one that we did last year. We filled regular balloons with food coloring and water and set them out to freeze. Last year I was ridiculed for burying the balloons in the snow, as I was told by my lovely husband that I created an igloo affect, so it took a long time to freeze. This year I decided to let them freeze on the sidewalk (which I was also critiqued for). Anyways...it was SO COLD that a few balloons burst immediately upon touching the cold sidewalk and that immediately froze, which meant that other balloons essentially because frozen to the ground. Oh well. They froze pretty fast and were fun to see once we peeled off the balloon layer.
We also took a chilly walk one day, because we just needed to get out. It was difficult with the stroller, but we managed. It was so cold and icy that neighborhood kids were actually using ice skates to skate on the streets. Theo and Mason have been out to play a few times on our little snow hill that we created, and they've been building up their snowmen.
No comments:
Post a Comment