(Started this like 3 weeks ago...)
There were a lot of people who kept telling Mason and I that there was no way we'd be so lucky to have another baby as good as Theo was. Well, Woodrow is perfect and just as wonderful as Theo was as a baby. Now that I'm a little less sleep deprived, and I've figured out a "routine" more or less during the day, Woodrow and I have really bonded this month. Which may sound strange, but I'm less focused on the stresses of feeding him and balancing all there is to balance in life with two little ones and so I've gotten more time to just enjoy Woodrow (and Theo).
Towards the end of the month I've been trying to get Theo and Woodrow on similar nap schedules, but in general Woodrow was waking up anytime between 4-7am to nurse and then would go back to sleep, and Theo would wake between 7-9am. I'd get some alone time with Theo in the morning and then Woodrow would be awake during Theo's afternoon nap, so I'd get alone time with him. SO that's been nice. But, I'm starting now to transition them to a similar schedule.
At his two month check up, Woodrow was 12 lbs. and23 inches tall, which is almost exactly what Theo was at two months, which is funny because Mason and I thought Woodrow seemed longer. He was a super trooper at the doctor-both boys were.
Woodrow has been sleeping longer stretches at night, mostly 6 or 7 hours with an occasional 9 hour night, or an occasional up every 3 hour night. We have him sleeping in his room in the crib at night all swaddled up. We ended up tucking those arms in the swaddle and it's helped him sleep for longer stretches because his moro reflex is very "active." He startles easily. He does take a pacifier, and likes it to fall asleep or just to suck on occasionally, but isn't constantly wanting it. He's got a strong gag reflex, in my mind, so he's pretty clear when he does or doesn't want to suck on the pacifier.
He's been nursing well-thank goodness! He will go for the long stretch at night, eat in the morning and then go back for another chunk of sleep and eat again around 10 or 11am. Throughout the afternoon and evening he'll eat every 2-3 hours and then I feed him twice about an hour before bed and then top him off before bedtime and that seems to be working well. He will take a bottle of breastmilk, but not as easily as Theo who had bottles full time.
Woodrow has been pooping slightly less, maybe every 15 minutes instead of every 5 and his spit-ups are less quantity, but still with almost every feeding. :( The doctor tells me it's more of an annoyance to me and Mason than hurting his tummy. His skin is less peel-y than it was the first month, and his baby acne is gone, although his face does turn bright red sometimes after feedings or when he has gas. He's started to track with his eyes and smile and squeal! We've been letting him have tummy time, but usually he spits up and then face plants into the spit up- gross! But, he really is starting to like the play mat we have.
He gets cuter by the day, and is very tolerant of big brother who just loves him so so much!
Monday, October 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment