Monday, October 21, 2013

Berry Acres Pumpkin Patch

Despite the bad reputation that Minot gets, there are actually several fun things to do here.  On opening day (September 21st), we went to check out the local pumpkin patch.  Theo's pretty interested in pumpkins and scarecrows this year, so we figured it might be a good Saturday morning activity.

Theo LOVED the pumpkin patch.  It was actually really nice weather, warm and sunny!  There were lots of pumpkins and squash and veggies for sale.  I was impressed how nice everything looked for being early in the season.  They has some different hay structures that the kids could climb on and others just for looking.  We ventured into the corn maze, but Theo managed to loop us around back to the entrance, so I don't think we actually went that far into the maze-but honestly the idea kind of made me nervous-how would anyone find us if we got lost?

Theo got to take a small train ride, and I think Mason and I laughed the whole time because he looked so serious, so we couldn't tell if he was scared or having fun, but as I unbuckled him at the end, he asked to go again-sorry kiddo-only bought one, $1 ticket.  :) Theo really liked getting to pick out THREE pumpkins to take home (a Daddy/Mommy pumpkin, and one for him and one for Woodrow).  He was not so happy when we told him we had to leave (two hours later)
  










It was a really fun time and we ended up going back this weekend for a squadron family day, unfortunately it was cooler and a little soggy from some rain we'd been having.  I was glad we had gone earlier in the season, because it was looking a little run down, but Theo still had fun!  He got to ride the train again, and some of his little friends were there, so he liked the attention when they called him to come play.  He was also less scared to go down the big slides with Mason.  Overall a win for Minot Fall activities. 

No comments: