One of my favorite things about being a military family is exploring new locations that I wouldn't have otherwise had the chance to see-and I've been using this opportunity to check things out in town with the boys.
 |
| Some of the Minot Fashion Week outfits at ArtFest |
 |
| Checking out two fright trains as we we leaving ArtFest |
Last week after our visit to the Pumpkin Patch we swung by a local ArtFest. I thought a lot about my father-in-law who often sets up at events like this himself. It was fun to see local art work, but I was sad it was so small. They had a scavenger hunt and craft for the kids, but we skipped out since it was a little advanced for Theo and we were encroaching on nap time.
 |
| Sleepy little Woodrow |
This morning, I took the boys to a local book store and attended a story time. We had never been to this store before, but it was great! Have you seen the movie "You've Got Mail?" I was reminded of Meg Ryan's characters cozy book store. The woman who ran story time was excellent! She sang songs, did activities, read stories, and was very in tune with the mood of the wiggly crowd. I thought of my Aunt who was a children's librarian for many, many years, and found myself wishing I was able to take Theo to one of her story times.
 |
| Theo watching storytime |
 |
| He really liked the big animals |
Theo always makes me laugh in social situations, because of course he acts like his dad- super shy and reserved-until it's time to leave and then his temper can flair (a new toddler development). It was pretty crowded, so we sat in the back and Theo sat on my lap on a chair so he could see the stories. He paid good attention, but also liked looking at all the huge stuffed animals up on the bookshelves, and I know he was anxious to get back to the train table they have set-up. The story time was half an hour long and then I left him play for 45 minutes with the train table and kitchen area they had set-up while I browsed and watched him play.
 |
| They had to put their hand on their head if they wanted a stamp |
 |
| Pumpkin! |
After that we headed to Hobby Lobby and Kohls. Almost as equally entertaining for Theo, because Kohls was setting up all their Christmas decor, so Theo LOVED seeing all the Christmas trees, ornaments, and larger toy section. He was disappointed that Hobby Lobby switched out their lobby display of scarecrows and had Christmas elves and Santas, but he did enjoy seeing all the holiday decor in the store, and carrying some jingle bells and glitter that we purchased. Sweet Woodrow slept in his cozy little Teddy Bear outfit from Aunt Chelsea the whole time.
No comments:
Post a Comment