...because I'm on heart attack number 11 with this kid! I guess having a baby really just makes you so more conscious about life around you and when anything is "off" with them, worry can set in. Well, last night was no exception.
I put Theo in his highchair in the dining room and let him play with his spoon and the unopened container of baby food. He's pretty good about using the spoon and table tray like a drum, and occasionally a projectile. But he was playing and "talking" away while I was washing some bottles in the kitchen. Our kitchen and dining room are connected so I can see him clearly when I'm in there. Well, I looked over at him and his face was BRIGHT red, like, I'm choking and dying red. So I practically lept over the kitchen counter into the dining room, sweep his mouth, look around thinking about what he could be choking on, and I think I even said out loud- "Where's the Spoon?" Then I realized he was working really hard to poop- this poor little dude is so constipated.
So...that lead to some hugs, "helping" him achieve comfort (EWWW), and doing some leg lifting exercises to help his tummy. We went upstairs to consult baby books, and online sources about easing tummy aches. Go figure all the rice cereal, squash, and sweet potato were top foods for causing constipation. Good thing we had just gone to the store for some new foods- Theo had to settle for prunes last night. Hopefully he'll be all cleared up though, and feeling better. Did I mention Mason is conveniently not home on Monday nights when all our heart-attack moments seem to occur.
I did however, get some good laughs throughout the night anytime I though about my actually saying out loud and thinking that he swallowed the ENTIRE spoon.
Ah, adventures with Theo!
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Call the Cardiologist...
Posted by
Ellen
at
9:09:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment