It seems impossible that Theo turned 6 months old on Thursday. It did not seem to go by this fast when he was inside of me, but it has been an incredible past 6 months. Every day it seems like Theo's little personality is growing and growing.
The Lil Body:
Theo is weighing in around 16 lbs 6 oz according to our scale. He goes back to the doctor in early April. But that's about a pound more than his last doctors visit so he's on target. He is also measuring about 27 inches long. He is now a head length taller than our coffee table. No teeth yet, although he's definitely teething. He likes to have his pacifier a lot more these days and he likes to chew on his toys, although ironically he's not a huge fan of the teething toys. Theo is also great at making an owl face, giving kisses on the cheek, and honking our noses.
Fill my tummy!
Theo is still enjoying about 24-28 oz. of breast milk each day, and my freezer supply is about 4300 ounces (sounds like a lot, but it's about 4.5 months worth- so I'm trying to get a stock of enough milk to last until his 1st birthday). Theo is getting to eat a few tablespoons of rice cereal around 5-6pm and this month we started introducing him to vegetables. He started with a week of pureed squash and then a week of pureed sweet potatoes. I think he likes the squash better, and the daycare workers even could tell (due to the amount of poopy diapers) that Theo had started sweet potatoes. In another week we'll probably introduce him to carrots. He LOVES his "real food." He still grabs for our plates, but my instinct tells me not to let him have any of that food just yet. He also knows what "all done" means, and he will pick up his spoon and put it in his mouth-pretty smart. We did give him a rice ruck to try (Mum Mums) and he ate half of one and spit it up...so we gave him a little more the next day and he doesn't seem overly thrilled by them. But we'll attempt a few more tries. I'm hoping to eventually start making my own baby food- but again that's a project for summertime when I'm not working.
Night-Night:
I LOVE Theo! I love him even more because he'll sleep 12 hours at night. Generally we put him to bed between 9pm-10pm, much after that he really gets cranky. During the week we have to wake him between 5:45-7:30 in order for Mason and I to go to work, but he usually goes back to sleep at daycare. I was concerned that on the weekends he'd continue this pattern- but luckily he sleeps until about 10-10:30 am on days we aren't waking him up. YES! Rock on Theo!
New Tricks:
Theo started scooting on the floor this month. He does a pretty decent army crawl, although he tends to get his right arm stuck underneath his body and lifts his butt into the air, but he's really good at it when he wakes up in the morning or is well rested after a nap.
He's starting to sit up more, and work out his balance issues. He gets pretty distracted by his toys so he tends to topple over and still supports himself with his hands on the ground, but I think in the next month he'll be much better.
Theo is excellent at the 360 degree spin, and rolling over in both directions. He is a quick mover, and this combined with scooting makes him semi- on the move.
Theo likes to play in the jumperoo at school and I want one for home, but we haven't gotten a stationary one. We have a jumper that hangs in the doorway, that he likes and is getting more used to each week.
Theo also likes electronics. TV remotes, my iPhone, my school iPad...it's serious trouble!
Bath time is still really fun for him- especially when his idol Dad plays in the tub with him. He thinks they are way more fun than when I just wash him in the little tub. He also likes taking walks in his stroller, and playing with our neighbors. Mason also showed him how much fun paper can be to play with.
Theo just continues to be so fun and I LOVE mommy-hood. Mason is loving being a Dad too. I mean, who wouldn't with this cute little bundle of joy!
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Theo at 6 months
Posted by
Ellen
at
6:17:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment