It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been able to post on our blog. Days just seem to go by so quickly these days. Mason worked nights for a few weeks, and now he’s back to a “normal” schedule but still seems to be flying one night flight a week, which of course makes it difficult to adjust his sleep schedule for one day. His squadron had a family Friday last week so it was nice to see lots of our friends and new faces in our squadron. There hadn’t really been a big event since they returned from deployment in December. Mason was able to go back to his CAP meetings on Monday nights and it seems like 3 boys want to take flying lessons with him, and a fourth girl wants to resume flying lessons during the summer, so Mason is trying to find the time in his schedule to take his check ride and start lessons with them. It’s fun to hear about the excitement of these 14 year olds, and I hope that they find a passion in flying like Mason has.
I have been busy with my students preparing them for end of the year testing and getting ready for prom. There are only two months left of school, and the days seem to be winding down quickly. It’s really great to not have Master’s classes anymore, and I’ve found some time to actually read for pleasure. I’m trying to keep up with my 2 spouses groups, bible study, and getting to see my friends semi-regularly. Theo is a great date when we go out with friends.
Theo is changing so much- but I’ll save his updates for the monthly blog. We went last week to the Chimp Haven. He didn’t really acknowledge the Chimps, but he seemed to enjoy being out in the fresh air. I downloaded some kid-friendly apps on my school iPad, and Theo has enjoyed “playing” the keyboard. We also got a book from a friend, “Pete the Cat” that he really enjoys reading. We are just loving our family adventures together.
No comments:
Post a Comment