This morning I find myself sitting in front of the computer with a little voice inside my head telling me that I should write a blog post, the only problem is that the little voice didn't tell me what to write about. I went to my photos for the month and thought I could come up with an idea from there. Lots of pictures of various meals, random things, and Theo! Mason and I have got to get in more photos- and one of these days get an updated family photo. Theo has grown since our Thanksgiving family photo.
So, I guess I ended up thinking about food- what else is new...it's 5:40am and I'm ready for breakfast which will probably be something along the lines of Peanut Butter crackers on the drive to work with a smoothie. Ah smoothies! I never really thought I liked smoothies until Jamba Juice entered my life during high school. I LOVE Jamba Juice (really it's pretty bad for you). Well, not surprisingly Shreveport does not have a Jamba Juice and the one smoothie place they did have, Smoothie King (that wasn't even that great) closed. When we were home in Evanston over Christmas Break I may have gone to Jamba Juice more than I would like to admit, but I think I figured out the recipe for my FAVORITE smoothie- citrus squeeze. Last week I made it for breakfast each morning and even though it is probably terrible for me, it tastes oh so good, and keeps me full until lunch (which is at 1:00pm or later these days). And you're so lucky I'm going to share the recipe. I have since reduced the amount I make each day since this recipe made about a nalgene bottle and a half! So, you might want to quarter it.
Citrus Squeeze Wanna Be Smoothie
12 oz pineapple juice
12 oz orange juice
1/2 cup banana (about 1)
1 1/2 cups Strawberries (I use frozen ones)
3 scoops orange sherbet
1 cup ice
YUM!!!!!!
Monday, March 26, 2012
Smoothie Queen
Posted by
Ellen
at
5:39:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment