Mason and I had a pretty relaxed 4th of July. We did our grocery shopping at Walmart :-) and had a BBQ (just the two of us). It was nice just to spend the time together since life's been very demanding lately. On base there were some activities for their "Freedom Fest;" I was mainly interested in hearing the Air Force Band, Tops in Blue. We were lucky enough to be able to hear the music from our backyard, so we spent the later part of the evening sitting outside in our rocking chairs enjoying the 85 degree weather. We could also see the fireworks display from our driveway, talk about low key.
Some of our friends took carpet from someone who was moving out, and gave us extras so we carpeted our bedroom yesterday evening. The carpet needs some deep cleaning...so that will be tomorrow's project. This was our 3rd week in a row taking away no winnings from the casino, but hopefully our luck will change. Our friends Mike and Megan had their baby yesterday so that's really exciting. Mason knew Mike from ROTC, and now they live down here. It's nice to have close friends here.
Yesterday was my last day of summer school but I'll probably go back within the next week or so to set-up my classroom for next year and do some mass photocopying while I don't have to fight anyone else to use the copier. I'm pretty sure I'll be teaching 3rd/4th again next year, but I might be switched to 4th/5th last minute. Mason has Monday off, so that's a nice treat. But he has a lot of studying to do. He should
begin flying in another week or week and a half, so lots to learn before then. Although he did get 100% on his first systems test. Yea Mason!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Happy 4th of July!
Posted by
Ellen
at
10:25:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment