Again, another weekend FLEW by. I can't believe it's the last week in July; it seems like the time is flying by. Hopefully once school starts the school year will wiz into December. I think that Mason and I are both equally anxious/nervous about his assignment in December, but we're both recognizing that there is a long road to travel before we get there. Mainly for Mason, but it takes a lot on my part too. I think we've really had to work on our relationship, since with the military comes a lot of give and take; but I think that's we're both really growing and maturing in our relationship together and in our personal lives. Sometimes the military life (schedule) is really hard but I'm really glad that I have Mason to share my life with. I'm really glad that we were brought together, and we have this life together. Despite my (our) grumblings about this or that we're extremely fortunate to have all that we do.
Friday night, Mason and I were able to (finally) spend some quality time with each other. As I mentioned in previous blogs, Mason wasn't getting home until around 9:45pm every night, so this made it hard to have any time together. We had a nice dinner at Olive Garden, and headed up to the casino. We walked away $8.00 richer so that was a plus. Sadly to say Saturday was mostly slept away...I think we both caught up on some much needed sleep. Today we both worked on work. We had friends for a BBQ and they brought their 3 week old baby, so cute. Mason and I both chuckled when our friend Mike came in and said, "when I saw you walking out to the BBQ with a big plate of meat, I was so happy..."
When we weren't dozing off, we were hiding out in the air conditioning. Walking across the street to the mailbox was enough time in the heat for us. The temperature continues to be boiling hot...the thermometer read 110 degrees today in our backyard (not in direct sunlight.) I know that I comment on this almost every post, but I really just didn't really believe that it could get this hot in somewhere that wasn't a desert. I guess... We're just trying to stay cool...
Mason's still on late goes this week which is okay, but therefore means that the two weeks following will bring early early goes. (report time 6am)---wakeup is usually an hour prior. Yikes! I've been doing some lesson planning although not as much as I'd like. Tuesday I have to go into school so that might remind me that I need to get moving on the school work. Other than that, our house is spic and span and I've been playing around with different hairdos. I really don't know how people spend so much time on their hair; I'm lucky if I usually have my hair dry and up in a ponytail when I leave for school, let alone a perfect hair do...ah well...
Monday, July 28, 2008
It is HOT HOT HOT
Posted by
Ellen
at
12:40:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment