Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I love va-cay


I went to see the new "Mamma Mia" movie with my friend Kim today...it was great! It was the perfect chick-flick. Anyone who likes ABBA, Meryl Streep or Pierce Brosnan with no shirt on should defiantly go see the movie. I really enjoyed it. It's one of those, feel good movies. There's actually several movies on my to-see list, but I'm not sure how many I'll actually get to. Apparently I was so far behind, a movie I though was in theaters now (Becoming Jane) was actually released almost a year ago...oh well...

Mason had an exhausting day at pilot training. I feel bad that I can't take some of the work load off, or sleep some extra hours for him, but I try to do what I can on the home front. Mason didn't have to report until noon, but that resulted in him getting home at 9:30pm. Tomorrow he'll have more of a 10am-9pm day. Flying in the morning and having a simulator ride is as exhausting as two flights, he tells me. I trust that Mason is an excellent pilot, and each day he gets more and more confident, but I feel more "concerned" or worrisome when he flys the T38. I think that part of my worry is that there are way more T38 crashes. The crash that happened here a few months ago is still lingering. The crash happened on the student pilots 4th flight; Mason has his 4th flight tomorrow. I imagine I'll be more calm once I know he's safely landed. Meanwhile, Mason is scheduled to fly every day this week unless weather precludes it. The weather forecasts show 100+ all week.

While the weather here has been hot, we're fortunate to be in our house. Friends of ours who moved to Corpus Christi to fly T-44s, just got moved into their house and now have to evacuate due to the hurricane. They are hoping that nothing will be destroyed and that they can return to their home in time for her baby to be born, (she's due August 1st). Friends of ours just had twins...we are keeping all our friends with newborns in our thoughts and prayers.

As one of my personal achievements; I passed my third Texas Educators exams...so I've submitted my application for my "permanent" Texas teaching license. It's cool that I have two states down, and many states accept IL and TX licenses.

My next personal achievement will be overcoming insomnia...I've been bitten by the bug again, and although I'm not sleeping much during the day, I certainly am awake at night. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to focus on school planning. It's amazing how much time one person can waste surfing the net.

No comments: