Yesterday we encountered some pretty crazy weather in Wichita Falls. A thunderstorm brought through some wild winds, and hail. (We don't have kids so we post blogs about weather) We hear people talk about the hail storms a lot around here, but I think this was the first time we saw mass amounts. The hail was nickel size, and it was crazy how it would bounce off the roof and ground...Mason and I of course were taking a view at the storm from outside the house, mainly from the carport.
It's funny around base, since the command post makes announcements when there is lightening within five miles... yesterday the thunder was so loud and you could see bolts of lightening very close, yet the warning didn't arrive until after the rain had passed. The wind was so strong that a stoplight going onto base even blew sideways. YIKES!
After the storm I twisted Mason's arm into going shopping. I had gotten Mason some lithographs of the T37 and T38. We had them framed at Hobby Lobby so we went to pick those up and spent an hour or so shopping at Target, looking for sales on patio furniture and baby things for Mason's sister! I love that I'm an aunt. :-) Today we had friends over for a delicious Italian dinner and we worked. Yea! Tomorrow Mason has to report in around 6am for group PT and a Commander's Call. Only 4 more days of summer school. WAHOO!!!
After the storm I twisted Mason's arm into going shopping. I had gotten Mason some lithographs of the T37 and T38. We had them framed at Hobby Lobby so we went to pick those up and spent an hour or so shopping at Target, looking for sales on patio furniture and baby things for Mason's sister! I love that I'm an aunt. :-) Today we had friends over for a delicious Italian dinner and we worked. Yea! Tomorrow Mason has to report in around 6am for group PT and a Commander's Call. Only 4 more days of summer school. WAHOO!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment