Well, July went by without a blog post, and I'm realizing I didn't do a 23 month update for Woodrow...guess he'll get a long birthday post. I can't sleep and so I thought I would update the blog with many overdue posts...like from back in April...one day I'll be caught up. Ha!
So...Jurassic Quest came to town. This was one of those things where we weren't really sure if it would be worth the money to take the kids to, but at the same time when you live in a smaller town, when "big attractions" come to town, you take advantage.
I, of course was more concerned that we'd pay the money and the kids would freak out about the dinosaurs. But, they of course loved it. We didn't buy the huge pass that allowed for bouncy castles and extra "rides" and stuff...and Theo seemed to be okay when I told him that it was only for 5 year olds and older...this line is going to come back to bite me in a few years, but it works for the interim.
The large room exhibit had many dinosaur statues, some fossils to touch, and then small dinosaurs that moved and the kids could touch. They also had a craft or two. I guess at the end of the day, I love doing different things with my kids, but this was also something I think could have been just a Dad adventure.
A Dad adventure that did take place was going to a Pow Wow. Sadly, I'm
not to versed in the event since I was out at a spouse event, but Theo
was really excited to talk about the dancing and drum playing. It was
the 26th Annual Spring Honor Dance & Pow Wow Celebration and was
held in town at the Minot State University Dome. Definitely another fun
event that the boys got to witness living in North Dakota.
Saturday, August 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment