Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Woodrow Turns Two

I can hardly believe that my little baby Woodrow turned two last week!  Where does the time go?  There are days I wish he didn't always cling to me, and others where I just want to hold and snuggle him all day.  I know the moments will eventually pass when my boys want to give me kisses and hugs, and just snuggle up in my lap and ask to be held.  I tell myself almost daily that I need to stop paying attention to things that don't matter and enjoy these little boy moments with my kids. 

Woodrow has grown so much lately and I'm so proud of him.  Mason and I just love seeing his little personality shine bright and the bond that he and Theo have is unmatched.  I hope they always remain so close. 

Height: 34inches
Weight: 24.9 lbs.
Diapers: Size 4
Clothes: 18-24 months

Woodrow's birthday was pretty low key, which is just how we like to spend birthdays.  Maybe Mason wouldn't describe it as low key, because I like to make a big deal out of birthdays, but we had a fun day together.  Woodrow and Theo got to start the day with some doughnuts in front of some Daniel Tiger and SuperWhy.  Since Mason was home in the morning and working the night shift, we got to open presents in the morning with Dad!

I was a little bummed because Woodrow's birthday was a little rainy, and I'd been saving up some fun outdoor toys for a few weeks and kept debating whether or not to just let him play with them instead of letting them sit in the garage, and then of course it was rainy...but nevertheless, we opened presents from family and there was plenty to keep us busy.  Friends invited us for lunch at Lil Riders, the indoor playground/pizza place on base, and so we joined them.  It worked out perfectly because we went right as Mason was going to work, and I think Woodrow ate half a pizza by himself.

We came home and the boys enjoyed some naps while I attempted to assemble the Cozy Coupe.  What a pain the the butt!  Seriously!  I kept texting my neighbor to ask her if she could hear me cussing at the darn thing.  It was put together okay (2.5 hours later) and Woodrow LOVED driving it around the house.  He had to wait a few days for Mason to give it a tune-up before hitting the open sidewalks. 

I thought I"d be hitting the jackpot with the boys by making spaghetti for dinner, but turns out Woodrow just wanted goldfish, fruitsnacks, and oreos.  Since Mason was working late, but at the step desk we were able to bring cake (and dinner) to him.  The kids really liked going to see Dad at work, and I think Mason (and friends) were happy for the cake on the long shift. 

Theo had a bit of a hard time accepting that it was Woodrow's birthday and that Woodrow was old enough now to claim his presents and want to test them out first before being borrowed by big brother. 


Woodrow's Tricks

-He just started jumping on two feet, and he loves to practice jumping (even off the changing table)

-The boy is part monkey.  He climbs EVERYTHING he can.  One day we went to the library and I turned my back...he had climbed to the third shelf of a bookcase! 

-Woodrow loves to play at the park, and especially likes the swings

-Woodrow has been in speech therapy since the very end of April and has been doing a great job!  He really loves going and it tires him out.  He's added many more sounds to his vocabulary, although he's still a conserver of words, although "Da Da" has become a favorite over the past few weeks and he purposefully uses it towards Mason and it's adorable!

-As part of speech Woodrow has been learning sign language, and he can sign: mom, dad, pig, cat, dog, cow, help, more, milk, cookie, open/close, ball, done, cracker, music...and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting

-Thanks to Pavlov, Woodrow is enjoying using the potty.  He goes most times that he sits on the potty...and loves his M&M reward.

-For a few weeks Woodrow was really coming out of his shell...he was waving and smiling to friends and strangers which was HUGE...but lately he's regressed back to his Family Wolf Pack of protectors

-The doctor gave us some super medication to clear up the ezcema on his legs and tummy and that's been great relief! 

-Woodrow is a picky eater.  The boy could live on crackers, but he surprises me because when I least expect it he'll grab something new and try it...who can figure him out! 

Woodrow is the perfect little boy for our family and I love him to pieces! 
 











No comments: