That being said, the movie was really good. It focused more on Louis' time in the ocean after the plane crash and in the Japanese POW camp. I thought that it was just the right length, and wasn't too intense based on the subject manner. When Mason and I went and saw it, there was a much older gentlemen sitting in the row in front of us, and I really wanted to talk to him and ask if he served during WWII, but I didn't think it was appropriate. One of the other cool experiences that I had with relation to this book/movie was that while we were at Barksdale, they had the same model planes in their air museum that Zamps flew on, and it was a very surreal experience to walk next to these planes and at the same time picture the air to air battles that took place during WWII.
Night Will Fall was a Documentary on HBO, and I had a special someone share their login info with me so I could watch it. It was a documentary with actual footage from when British, Soviet, and American forces liberated Nazi concentration camps in 1945. It mixed footage from the liberation, scenes from a different 1945 documentary, along with survivors interviews. It was a very intense documentary, but I'm so glad that I watched it. It stirred up so many emotions. The teacher in me wants all history students to watch it, but I also know it isn't for everyone to sit through.
There were so many scenes that were so raw you just see people who are literally bones with barely any skin. There are images of girls braids all in a bile, suitcases piled up, bodies being buried. I highly recommend watching if if you have the opportunity, but definitely would screen before sharing with your middle/high school aged children.

No comments:
Post a Comment