Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cinnamon Bread

While I was back home the last month, I mentioned to my mom and mom-in-law that in the Fall I was going to invest in a bread machine again.  When we at Barksdale I bought one for $5 at a yard sale and it worked for quite some time, but I didn't make as much bread as I was planning too since it was always so hot there.  It broke shortly after Theo was born, because I remember my mom and I tossing it, and then quickly replacing the space with a crock pot my wonderful neighbor gave me.  Mason wasn't a huge fan of it, because of the space it took up, so I figured by waiting until the Fall it would give me time to wear him down.  We have more space now for some kitchen items because our laundry room and garage are huge.  I also figured that in the Fall, when it started getting cold it would be nice to have warm bread all the time.

Well, fate intervened, and I saw that friends of ours were having a yard sale yesterday and one of the items listed for sale was a bread machine (for $10)!  I messaged my friend on Wednesday asking her if she'd be willing to sell it before the yard sale, and after checking it out, we have a new-to-us bread machine!  Yay!  I'm curious to try out the different features of this machine, because in addition to making bread, it has the functions to make butter, and desserts...So, it's Sunday and I've already got my second loaf of my Mom's cinnamon bread cooking!  Yum!  Guess we'll see how long it takes Mason to read the blog and figure out about our new purchase.  :D 



Today as I was making the dough, Theo kept pointing to the machine saying, "cook, dough" so cute!!!

1 comment:

Ellen and Mason said...

so long counter space, it was nice knowin ya