Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mason goes on a shopping Spree


(Note said orange shirt and sweats)

I love my husband and most of his wonderful qualities that make him who he is. However, Mason is EXTREMELY thrifty, which is great at times and has certainly benefited us and our bank account, but has left his closet somewhat lacking in the past 11 years that I've known him. When you've worn a flight suit or blues uniform to work five days a week (at least) for the past four years your wardrobe doesn't need to consist of much besides black t-shirts, black socks, and underwear. Most days Mason comes home from work and changes into his standard orange college shirts (which were FREE) and a pair of shorts. Occasionally he'll put on "real clothes" to go out on the weekends or when we are in public. I'm not complaining, because like him I understand the value in coming home from work and putting on a comfy pair of yoga or sweat pants...not exactly high glamor standards around the Kehs household (which is nice).

Mason has many of the same clothes he wore when he was a freshman in high school, and I don't remember the last time he purchased a pair of regular shorts, but it was probably in college sometime; I remember he hit up a great yard sale where he got two bags of clothes for like $2 one time. Anyways, before Mason left for deployment he decided (with some encouragement) that we have enough money for him to go out and buy a few nice outfits for going out in that actually fit and are not swimming on him, or are just a smidgen too tight. We decided to hit up Kohl's (on of my favorite stores) and low and behold Mason found clothes he liked and felt comfy in. This shopping trip was cracking me up because Mason and I don't go shopping that much, let alone for clothes (together) and so I had to keep reminding him he could buy more than one pair of shorts and more than one shirt.

(goodbye nasty old shirts)

I have to also say that since neither one of us is a fashionista we were laughing at the different styles and at one point when we had crossed from the Men's section into another section Mason says, "uup, we're in the young man's section, and I'm an old man" and turns around. I was laughing so loud at this point it just cracked me up. That and the fact that Mason was reaching out of his comfort zone to shop for those "trendy" polos, plaid shorts, and a Hawaiian shirt which is apparently a must on "the island."

So we arrived home where Mason threw out a pile of nasty old ROTC black t-shirts where the pits were so gross...and he ended up 4 pairs of shorts, 2 button-up shirts, and 5 black t-shirts. Success!!! And he looks pretty good if I do say so myself.

No comments: