During the past month or so there have been several blog topics that I've wanted to sit down and blog about but have been too busy to concentrate on, so I made a list and will be catching up while I'm flyin' solo.
When we got the fo sho word that Mason would be leaving for deployment I decided to make his last little time fun before he left and celebrate some of the holidays that he would be missing while he was gone. We never got around to Faux 4th of July, but I'm sure he forgives me. Really the week was just fun and so some other events (worthy of separate blog postings) got intertwined. The first fauz holiday that we celebrated was Father's Day. While Mason is technically a father-to-be, I thought he deserved a little recognition and really used it as an excuse to buy a cute little outfit for the baby (note this is the first thing I've actually purchased for the baby, and I'm almost six months in).
Really the day was like any other except with a present and of course cake! Can you figure out the icing riddle that I put on the cake?
I'll also post a quick Baby Kehs update since it's been a while. We went this week for our 22 week appointment. We didn't have an ultrasound this time, but once again I was told how active this little one is due to the fact that the Dr. had to chase BK around my belly looking for the heartbeat. There was lots of whooshing noises and that sweet little heartbeat. I've also been feeling the baby kick more and more. The first few times I could not tell if I had gas or was feeling baby kicks, but over the past two and a half weeks I'm for sure feeling those little thump thumps- which is an amazing feeling. Mason puts his head up to the belly and listens and feels, but he can't quite feel anything yet. We also read that you could hear the heartbeat with a normal stethoscope, but tried to listen and just heard gurgling noises. Mason also held up a flashlight to my belly to see what he could see (mostly we just read that the baby can tell between light and dark now). The baby is just over a pound now and the size of a papaya, and should double in size before the next appointment at the end of this month. At that appointment I'll have to take the glucose test and antibody test...whoopee.
I'm happy to report that I have not gained ANY weight yet during this pregnancy which is awesome to me since I'm obviously overweight to begin with, and I know I'll eventually put on the pounds so I'm glad it's been slow and steady for this first half. However, I will admit I have some belly envy. While the shape and hardness of my belly seems to be developing and protruding more everyday, it's not obvious to strangers that I'm pregnant and I'd kind of like that recognition that hey she's not just fat, but her eggo is preggo...oh well, all in time. Getting in a comfortable sleeping position is getting difficult, because I'm a tummy sleeper and have to fall asleep in that position, but it just feels like I'm sleeping on a baseball, so not too comfy.
Anywho- on to the next holiday...we celebrated faux first day of summer, which in Louisiana really just could have been in March...we are well into the 90s and stretching into the 100 degree temps these days, so I kidnapped Mason and took him to the base pool where we met up with some friends and cooled off in the refreshing water. Later that night we went to the Boardwalk and got some ice-cream from Coldstone Creamery using a gift card our awesome neighbors had given us. Ice-cream and swimming = perfect Ellen day.
Lastly, we had more of a recognition of deployment which basically meant more presents for Mason (although somehow I missed the pictures of these). I whole stack of 60 pre-addressed envelopes to me, so Mason wouldn't have to spend the time doing that while he was away (although I think he only took about 20). I also got him a waterproof bag to put the cameras in while he kikes through the jungle island...but don't know if that actually made the cut on the packing list. Overall, a fun last week together for awhile.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Faux Holidays
Posted by
Ellen
at
9:39:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I got the riddle! Took me a sec but I am clearly brilliant ;)
That is a great idea. I'd have to do our anniversary, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, his birthday, and probably valentines day. Better get on it, huh? Where'd you get the idea? I love it!
Post a Comment