Well, we've had two summer days in a row down here in Wichita Falls. The weather has been over 90 already! It feels like we just put away the fans for "winter." Tomorrow and Wednesday are going to be cooler ( in the mid/high sixties.) Mason and I had dinner on the patio last night, that sounds old of us, and we bab-b-qued this weekend. We are having a BBQ with friends tonight as well, since I have today and tomorrow off from school! Yea!! Our lawn was covered in purple flowers, but Mason mowed them away yesterday. I'm proud to also say that my daffodils have bloomed.
My class did not win the radio contest, but we were the ONLY class to be played on the radio. That was really cool. We have today and tomorrow off for a teacher's work day and inclement weather. It's great, especially with the nice weather. My class did however raise the most money ($650.00) for a school fundraiser. They had to get pledges for reading a certain number of minutes and then half the money they get back in books and the other half I get for the classroom. PLUS since my classroom won, I get a day off from school and the lady in charge will be my substitute for the day! I'm very excited about that. :-) I was asked back for next year, and I think I'll be teaching summer school, so that is fun. I'm already planning things for next year, although I have to finish off this year before planning next year. I will be taking my Texas certification classes over the next month or two, so I am worried about that, but I'm hoping they are similar to Illinois. Initially I had my one year temp. certificate, so these tests are to extend that certification.
Mason was battling a bad cold for a few days, but he was put back on flight status today. He didn't get to fly and I don't think he's schedules for tomorrow, but that can always change. He's in the final 6 weeks of tweet training. Mid-May he will transfer to the T-38...we can't believe how fast things are going. (Although it's crazy that we've been married almost a year, too.) Mason continues to take things day by day preparing for formation and advanced contact flights. He's got about 30 flights in 6 weeks. you do the math.
A student of mine and his mother rescued a turtle from the side of the road and were housing her at their home. Unfortunately their dog got a hold of the turtle and broke the front most part of her shell. $400 dollars later, my student's family realized they could not keep her, and hence, we have an adopted turtle. Her name is Luna and we're thinking she's a box turtle. Before she was found some owners painted her shell with nailpolish :-( Hopefully it will wear off so she isn't attacked by any (more) predators. We set up a habitat for her, and I'm thinking if we get a good lid for the box I may bring her to school as the class pet, although I'm hesitant. Rembrandt is jealous that we've been paying attention to her so much, so we took him out the other night for some running around time, and Mason re-arranged his tubes. He always seems excited about that.
So our happy family is growing and growing each day. I've included some random pictures for your viewing pleasure.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2017143&l=ae1f7&id=77800450
Monday, March 31, 2008
Didn't we just put away the fans?
Posted by
Ellen
at
4:18:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment