Last week was my spring break from school, and it was heavenly! After a rowdy Friday at school with basically 42 students left to just me when my counterpart became ill, spring break could not have been better. I spent from Friday evening until Wednesday evening in Chicago visiting my family, friends, and just relaxing. The feeling of "going home" was quite different from when I had last visited in July. This isn't just because I was sleeping on an air mattress in the col, cold, basement either. (Thanks for the extra blankets Mom and Dad). It was the first time where I really felt like my home was in Texas with Mason, and that I was just visiting. Nonetheless it was good to see friends and family. Oh, and eat lots of deep dish pizza!
Mason, of course, missed me like crazy... he's been busy at pilot training getting ready for yet another checkride. He should take his low-level checkride on Thursday if the winds hold steady. He only had 6 flights in this phase so it's gone quickly, but after this check, he will continue with the advanced contact (acrobatics) and move onto formation flight. He's really looking forward to that. His nights have mostly consisted of map making these past few weeks, but he had a really good flight yesterday and we're hoping his check will go well. Keep fingers crossed.
At school, my counterpart (Kim) and I have decided to challenge our students by giving them additional courses in American History and Spanish. I am teaching the Spanish, and it's been fun this week. I get to practice, and yet I'm just at the perfect level to teach them, if I don't know something I usually just tell them, "oh, we'll learn that another day." So far, that's been working out okay. On a very positive note, my principal asked me back for next year, so that is terrific! Out of 22 3rd and 5th graders I had 17 pass their reading state test, so I was happy about that. There's no word if we won the radio contest yet, BUT my kids were on the radio, and that was super exciting for all of us!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Spring Break, what, done already???
Posted by
Ellen
at
10:49:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment