Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another year older, but mostly wiser


For all our avid blog readers (mainly my mother) I'm sorry it's been so long since we've made a post. Life, to say the least has been so BUSY! I think in our last post I mentioned a trip to Dallas we were going to take. The day turned out to be more stressful than fun, but we'll probably go back sometime, if nothing else for the PF Changs that we saw there. Mason was also on his cross country since then I believe and that went well for him. He had many change-o-plans but ended up going to San Antonio. Since then, Mason has had a week of night flying. He really didn't get to fly much at night, but he was going into "work" at 2pm and coming home around 9pm. Fortunately he was home early a few nights. He's been preparing for another check ride, this time with Instrument. He was supposed to take it today, but due to a "snow storm" (flurries to those from Chicago); so he should fly that tomorrow pending weather conditions. Next week he should begin some navigation flying which is mostly low-level (only 500 ft. off the ground) and more advance contact rides, which is all the fancy tricks.

For me, things at work have been crazy! I had to make a tough decision about something and in the end the principal and I definitely didn't see eye to eye, but I stood my ground, which I 'm trying to be better at. (My father may say, I was always good at making my opinion well heard). My students had their state writing and reading test yesterday, which I was so NERVOUS about...after all those years of taking those tests, and my mother always reassuring me that I shouldn't worry because it's just about how the teacher is doing came back to haunt me as I am not the teacher. Oh well.

Today went well, my students were enjoying my birthday and some of the staff got me and my friend Kim a cake (her birthday is Saturday) so that was really fun. It's nice being at a small school sometimes. I taught my kids a verb song to an old N'Sync song so they thought that was pretty fun, and tomorrow I am putting together a survival reading challenge for them, so that should suit their fancy for the week. I'm just counting the days until Spring Break. We are on break the week of the 17th and I'm going home (YEA!!!!!!) from the 14th until the 19th, so I can't wait!

Mason was home early tonight and surprised me with a birthday cake and a trip to the casino and take advantage of military appreciation night, and we walked out with $12.00 and some change. We went out for dinner which was fun since he had taken me to Olive Garden last night to celebrate...we just mostly blobbed tonight, took Rembrandt for a roll around the house, and Mason got some study time in.

I've included a video of my kids in class today, and pictures from my classroom and the zoo. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2016643&l=9f98a&id=77800450

No comments: