Saturday, February 23, 2008

Teacher in Detention

Hey Y'all-

Things have been going by so fast...I can't believe it's almost MARCH!!! I re-decorated my classroom ala Disco, and we've put some new rules in place. The new system seems to be working well for most, but I have had to be at school last Saturday and today with a child for detention. It's not too bad, I give them a list of things to clean around our (small) school, and I get all my papers graded and copied for the next week, and then I usually have my detainee staple...works for me. There's lots of pressure right now though, because we have our state testing March 5th, and I am STRESSED about that...we are going into hardcore test practice these next few weeks. I also have to take down ALL my posters. Unlike Illinois, where you can keep up information you use all year for the test, in Texas we have to take all our posters down. I think I'll just cover them up.

This weekend Mason FINALLY got to go on his cross country flight. He was originally scheduled to go to Denver last weekend, which got canceled due to WF weather. He was scheduled to go to St. Louis this weekend, but used his back-up to San Antonio due to SL weather. We talked briefly, and all I know he arrived, but there was a credit card charge for dinner...so I'll assume he's fine. Meanwhile, friends of our from IL, moved here. Mason was in ROTC with Mike and we've been spending time with them. Last night Mike, his wife Megan, and I went to the assignment night.

This assignment night was like any other...there is a new special operations plane (the U28) that is being given out since so many of the F15s are grounded. After a briefing a few weeks ago, Mason determined this assignment would be worse than a heavy (carrier plane), but only 2 per class were supposed to be given out. Last nights drops included: 6-U28, 4-A10, 2-B52, 2-F15E, 5-F16 (some were guard and Norwegians), 1-German Tornado, 2-FAIP (instructors), and 1-b1...overall kinda crappy, but we all still say the chances of getting an awesome plane here at ENJJPT is WAY better than being at another pilot training base.

Tonight, my friend Juli from work, and friend Megan are going to an "Around the World" dinner hosted by the NATO countries. Basically it's like a HUGE buffet of delicious food from other countries from what I hear, so I am excited about that. Mason and I decided Monday we'd start back on the diet/exercise plan...

Well, for now I'm off to file taxes, and wash dishes. By the way, it's a balmy 70 degrees in Wichita Falls today. :-)

No comments: